FRIDAY September 1st
Race Kit Pick-Up
- Location Valea cu Pești Hotel, time interval 16:00 – 22:30
- Race Kit for all individual races (including KOT) can be picked up ONLY in person
- Race Kit for Relay Teams will be handed over in one package. The participant(s) picking up the kit should present the signed waivers by each member of the relay
- Location Valea cu Pești Hotel (Race Kit Pick-up Zone), time interval 19:00 – 21:00
- 19:30 – Technical briefing (strongly recommended)
- Clothing for the bike descent (only for Half) – especially if the temperature will be very low at the summit, OPTIONALLY, the organizers provide the transport for one bag/participant to Bâlea, at the end of the climb.
- Clothing for the finsh for all participants (Olympic and Half) – especially if the temperature will be very low, OPTIONAL, the organizers provide the transport for one bag/participant to the finish area.
PLEASE HAND-OVER THE THINGS YOU NEED TO BE TRANSPORTED, ON FRIDAY AT THE KIT PICK-UP, UNTIL 20:30 and don’t forget to write your name on the bag, in order to identify it.
SATURDAY September 2nd
Car traffic shall be COMPLETELY closed within the interval 08:00 – 18:00.
- Please take into account this aspect and that, for athletes’ safety reasons, we cannot make any exception to allow the access within this interval, for any participant or his/her family, no matter the situation.
- Starting from 11:00, a special boat for participants and their families/friends will connect Valea cu Pești Hotel and Vidraru dam.
- The distance between the Transition area (Valea cu Pești) and FINISH is 9 km.
- Between 07:00 and 08:00 it will be possible to park BEFORE the transition area (starting from 200 m away). Parking will be done AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE on the right side of the road.
- Between 09:15 and 10:15, AFTER THE SWIM START, THE SUPPORTERS WILL BE ABLE TO CARRY THE CARS close to the dam.
- During the interval 10:15 – the end of the contest, THE HANDLING OF CARS IS PROHIBITED BETWEEN VALEA CU PEȘTI AND VIDRARU DAM.
- Warning! At 18:00, the traffic will be opened from the Vidraru dam and a large flow of cars is expected.
The rastel will be guarded until 19:00, it is important to collect your bikes by this time.
||Closing of the car traffic at Vidraru dam and Bâlea
||Opening of the transition area and gear checking
||START KOT – King of Transfagarasan
||Closing of the transition area
||START swim Transfier 70.3
||START swim Transfier Olympic
||Cut-off time for bike start Transfier 70.3
||Cut-off time to finish line Transfier Olimpic (4h 30)
||Cut-off time to run start Transfier 70.3 (6h 30)
||Opening of the transition area for gear pick-up
(both for Olympic and Half participants);
the gear can be picked-up until 19:00 the latest
||Cut-off time to finish line Transfier 70.3 (9h)
||Opening of car traffic
||AWARDS CEREMONY (Valea cu Pești)
||AFTER PARTY (Valea cu Pești)